We wanted to take a moment and wish America; “Happy Birthday”. Today we celebrate with BBQ’s, family, cold beverages and fireworks!
While most American’s know that it’s the U.S.’s birthday on July 4th, did you also know:
- The United States spends over $1 million plus on beer alone on this day. Wow!
- On this day only two presidents signed the Declaration of Independence. Yes, that right, only 2!
- Did you know that there was a president born on the Fourth of July? It was Calvin Coolidge, our 30th President (1872).
- There were 3 Presidents that died on the Fourth of July; John Adams, James Monroe, and Thomas Jefferson.
- In 1870, Independence Day became a National Holiday. Yay; paid day off!!!
- Legend has it that national hot dog contests (& we all know how much we ❤️ hotdogs!) were started with a few immigrants proving they were more patriotic than the other. How to prove you’re the most patriotic you say? By proving you can eat the most hotdogs of coarse. Ha!
- Can you believe there was only 2.5 million people in this beautiful country when the Declaration of Independence was signed?!!! How many people live in U.S. today? The closest one to the answer will win a prize! 🎁 (please keep it fun by guessing and not googling 😉)
- In 1777 Congress decided to celebrate the Fourth of July with fireworks, bells and bonfires. This is why people blow their fingers off every year. LOL.
From your Dental Affiliate, Plastic Surgery Affiliates & San Diego Business Media teams; have a memorable, safe 4th of July weekend everyone! We wish you and yours the very best.